[or-roots] Doris KLEIN, Ashland, Oregon

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Oct 18 22:06:21 PDT 2005

Okay; I guess that means somebody in the area will have to step up and
search the archives for that obit, thanks to Ann we know to look in the June
15, 2005 issue. Well I just went to poke around to find if there is a way to
get it from the tribune and discovered that like so many papers, they
publish "paid" obituaries only, so I am afraid that is another dead end. I
guess contacting the Litwiller-Simonsen Funeral Home and Crematory, Ashland
is your best bet.

Simonsen-Litwiller Funeral Home
1811 Ashland St
Ashland, OR 97520-2364 Phone:  (541) 482-2816

http://www.litwillersimonsenfuneralhome.com/templatetwo.asp?lid=3565

You might try emailing them, (contact us link on this website) if you spell
out the details of your problem, they might be able to tell you if you are
on the right track, even if they feel they can't give you any more
information.

I assume you have this then;

Last_    First    Middle_			Mothers   Fathers_	  County_
Name    _Name      Name  B_yr B_mo B_dy _Last_Name Last_Name Sex Bp of_Death
D_yr D_mo D_dy SS_Number Age idno
HARTLEY   SAMUEL   ELI   1893   04   16         		MALE CO   AMADOR  1978
03   14   558015390   84   0

Hope the funeral home folks will come through for you.

Les C

*	*	*	*	*

Subject: Re: [or-roots] Doris KLEIN, Ashland, Oregon

Les,

I really have no other information on her.  I am trying to determine if she
was the child of Samuel Ely Hartley who was born in Colorado and lived in
California most of his adult life.  His daughter, Doris Aizilia Hartley was
born 26 Apr 1926 in Lassen Co., California.  When I put Doris in with that
birthdate and assuming she got her Social Security number in California I
got two hits.  One that is in Oklahoma and the one in Oregon.  I thought if
I was able to get an obituary, it might give the parents names.  I've had a
really hard time tracing this family.  Samuel Ely Hartley was the brother of
my grandmother.

Thanks for your input.  Hopefully something will turn up.