[or-roots] Buttermilk Corner

kat1928 at integrity.com kat1928 at integrity.com
Wed Sep 21 12:43:07 PDT 2005

http://www.planetguppy.com/Looking%20Back/Steinfelds/steinfeld_story%20page%201.
> htm
>
> Amazing what you can find with a google. . . .
>
> Anne
> Descended from these Oregon/Washington Territory Pioneers and Early
> Settlers:
> - Dela Fletcher  and Phoebe (Flanary) CRABTREE,  arrived 1846, Linn
> County
> - James W. and Elizabeth (Empson) PEEK,  arrived 1847,  Lane County
> - William Martin and Mary "Polly" (Dealy) PRINE,  arrived 1850,
> Linn>Lake>Linn Counties
> - Rev. Joab and Anna (Beeler) POWELL,  arrived 1852, Linn County
> - William Moore and Sarah (Scott) RUTLEDGE, arrived 1852,
> Thurston>Lewis>Baker>Linn Counties
> - Thomas C. SMITH, arrived before 1860, Lane>Thurston>Benton Counties
> - John Benjamin and Nancy Jane (Hamilton) HUDELSON, arrived 1876,
> Polk>Linn Counties
>
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2005, at 01:55  PM, E V Barnes wrote:
>
> > They had a store out near S.E. 68th that
> > had milk in the slanted outer case, and it
> > ran from non fat to buttermilk by the
> > quart in glass bottles.  circa 1949.

Anne;

You were about first grade when the two Bills, Bob, Dwight, and I were going to
the Original Buttermilk Corner.  That was in the early 40's.  Real buttermilk,
ice cold is nothing like the cultured kind.

Good to hear your voice!

Dorothy