[or-roots] Buttermilk Corner

Anne Comer comerslr at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 21 14:38:56 PDT 2005

Dorothy, how was it that we weren't floating in buttermilk?  Or maybe we
were and it was just me that didn't like it.  Probably that was it, but
with the Jersey Dairy Farm background of our mother, and the fact that
our grandmother made and sold butter in Waldport/Tidewater area, it
seems like buttermilk was a certainty in our household.

And yes, I remember that you older kids and your friends always went
everywhere and left the little sister behind.    I did 1st grade at
Glenco, got a half year in at Sunnyside, and then grades 3, 4 and 5 at
Irvington.  Irvington School had the most beautiful wood inlay pictures
in the library.  Ali-Baba and the Forty Thieves was one of the stories
depicted.  They are still there, or at least were a short few years ago
(not more than 10)  when a couple of young relatives were attending
school there.  I hope they will always be preserved.   I would love to

Anne

(for those who don't know, Dorothy Webb and Anne Comer are sisters.)
Descended from these Oregon/Washington Territory Pioneers and Early
Settlers:
- Dela Fletcher  and Phoebe (Flanary) CRABTREE,  arrived 1846, Linn
County
- James W. and Elizabeth (Empson) PEEK,  arrived 1847,  Lane County
- William Martin and Mary "Polly" (Dealy) PRINE,  arrived 1850,
Linn>Lake>Linn Counties
- Rev. Joab and Anna (Beeler) POWELL,  arrived 1852, Linn County
- Thomas C. SMITH, arrived before 1860, Lane>Thurston>Benton Counties

On Wednesday, September 21, 2005, at 12:43  PM, kat1928 at integrity.com