[or-roots] Rita, Katrina, et al

dgoodma02 at comcast.net dgoodma02 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 12:37:16 PDT 2005

Well, Texas seems to have gotten through Rita,  But Louisiana ????
The USAF is there and helping out.  Some of the AF Planes flew from near me at McChord AFB near Tacoma WA.  I live about 7 miles from McChord and volunteer at the Retiree Office.. McChord has C-17 Airlifter Aircraft, and they have been flying their hearts out, to Iraq, Afganistan, and now to Louisiana, and Texas.  I am proud to have served in the USAF!!  However the Aircrews are getting tired and the Aircraft are getting heavy use and must be maintained!

--
Bob Goodman
USAF Retired