[or-roots] WWII

OregonMol at aol.com OregonMol at aol.com
Sat Sep 24 16:54:52 PDT 2005

Did any school district other than Medford warn students not to pick up
brightly colored fall leaves since they might be phosphorus coated.  Those of us
who walked across town to Junior or Senior High were particularly and repeatedly
reminded.  I also knew at the time of the people killed over the mountains
and also of the submarine aattack (or attacks) on the Oreagon coast.  We usually
went to White Rock on the California/Oregon line for a vacation in October
and the only place to eat was a small restuarant across the highway;.  The
Coastguardsmen came in with the dogs just before sunset and the start of their
patrol so we got all sorts of unavailable information.  Also at least one night we
watched lights signaling from the ocean toward land.
Ah yes, what memories
Phyl Merrick Purdum