[or-roots] Deford

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Wed Sep 28 09:01:03 PDT 2005

Don't be sorry, I appreciate that you tried.  Yes I do know about the
bad image.  I looked at the film down at the Archives and it is
terrible.  Actually, some of the worst films I have looked at have been
in Oregon.  I think perhaps the dampness ruined a lot of the census
books because they were just on regular paper back then and the census
counters went from house to house and I have heard that it rains a lot
in Oregon :)
Jasper Deford is Samuel Deford's only son.  His wife Lydia is the sister
to William Hoskins who married Jane Deford the 7 year old in that
census.  The Ann was actually Lucintha's daughter by her first marriage.
I have done a lot of research on this family but still keep trying to
find them in the 1870.  I did get a clue when I got Jane Deford's death
certificate.  They have her father's name as Samuel D. Ford.  I think
that is because her husband at the time never knew him and when you say
the name Deford it might sound like D. Ford.  So I haven't looked for
Ford yet, that is my next quest.
Thanks again,
Dale