[or-roots] Walch-Pickler Connection

bfain at thegrid.net bfain at thegrid.net
Fri Feb 3 16:08:22 PST 2006

Hi Oregon listers.
Does anyone know of the Walch family in the Gresjam/Portland area.  I found
Herman Heinrick Walch was the son of Lorenz Walch and Maria Both and brother
to Joseph, Willaim, Rosa, Paulina, August.  Herman Walch was married to my
great aunt Emma O. Pickler who was my grandfather, Claude Leroy Pickler's
sister.  Emma taught in the public school system in the late 1920 and early
1930.  She married Herman H, Walch in 1927 and they lived at 1197 E. Yamhill
in 1930.

Herman's sister, Paulina Walch was married to George Leo Biel and they had
five children, George Lawrence, Robert, Margaret, and Paulina.  They were
all born in Gresham.

I am trying to find if any desendant of the Walchs and Biel still live in
the Gresham/Portland area so I can make contact.  I am trying to locate
where my great Aunt's final resting place is located.  I can't find her in
Gresham so she may be ocated in one of the many cemetery in Portland.  I am
thinkning it might be the Rose City Cemetery because that is where her
mother, Ella Pickler was laid to rest

Babe Fain