[or-roots] Eugene's City and Watkins

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed Feb 8 18:03:26 PST 2006

You asked for it;

     Aliquot
      Parts Sec./
      Block Township Range Fract.
      Section Meridian State Counties Survey
      Nr.
     S½NE  9/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     SWNW  10/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     1  9/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     Remarks: LOT 1 OR NENE QUARTER
     2  9/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     Remarks: LOT 2 OR NWNE QUARTER
     1  10/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     Remarks: LOT 1 OR NWNW QUARTER
     5  10/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     Remarks: LOT 5 OR NWSW QUARTER
     6  10/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane
     Remarks: LOT 6 OR SWSW QUARTER
     7  15/  18-S  3-W  No  Willamette  OR  Lane

Remarks: LOT 7 OR NWNW QUARTER

Now I am sure the next thing you are going to ask is what the heck is that?

If you really want to know go to;
http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/Visitors/PLSS.asp

but I will take pity on you and explain where this is, first what it is; it
is found in  township 18 south Range 3 West, Williamette Meridian, what that
means is it is in the block of sections, which are approximately one mile
square that is found about between 102 miles and 108 mile south of and and
between 12 and 18 miles west of the "Willamette Stone" which is located
somewhere around Salem,  i know somebody in here gave me the exact location
once and I can dig it up from the map if somebody really wants to know, but
just remember your high school algebra and we are talking  X and Y axis
stuff, Y being the Townships and X the Ranges. anyway in that block[township
being 6 miles by 6 miles] section 9 and ten are found between one and two
miles from the top of the block and are two to four miles from the east side
of the block; kinda like this;
_ _ _ _
_| _|_|_
9|10|_|_
   15
The Kincaid owner ship is actually the Northeast quarter of section 9, a one
quarter ile wide strip down the entire west side  of section ten and the one
quarter mile square piece found in section 15 immediately below the end of
that quarter mile wide strip.

Okay, this whole email may be a red Herring, I assumed that we were talking
about the only Kincaid claim I could find at BLM in Lane County, and just
did all of that without checking the location, now I am not sure it is the
right one, but maybe?

the quarter section in section nine is roughly defined by the sweep that
30th avenue makes as it goes over the hill toward Lane Community College,
there is an overpass and about the time you pass the uphill ramps for it you
have entered that quarter, about the time you hit the steepest part of 30th
and it has started curveing back to the left you are at the bottom of that
part, There is a street, either Forest Blvd or 38th Ave which takes a hard
right and goes away from 30th at right angles about the time you cross into
section ten, if you have a map that shows these, 40th ave seems to end about
where the south west corner of section ten meets the northwest corner of
section 15. The east side of that quater mile wide strip is quite close to
the interchange for Lane Com College that is at the bottom of the hill.

If this seems to be the right one??? it is about 3 miles as the crow flies
from Skinners Butte to the nearest point of the above described honestead. I
can send you aerial photos or a piece of the map if your able to take emails
with half meg images or so, say 300 to 500 KB