[or-roots] Junction City area

Dale Shirley dale at simplyemail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:32:07 PST 2006

Barbara,

It was I who was questioning whether my gr. grandmother, Mary Catherine
Graves, b. 1856, Junction City, Or. was from Lane Co. or Benton Co. Oregon.
I assume it was always a part of Lane County, Or. Then in my research,
actually another kind looker upper found that she was officially b. in
Benton Co. The record did not list the town she was born in.  I was amazed
at the amount of response this query created.  All the suggestions were
great, because I found at least a half a dozen new sources for research in
Oregon. I know so much more about the Graves line and understand how
important it is to know geographically, exactly where an ancestor is really
from, both historically, and today.  It makes your research so much more
rewarding and timely.

However, I am still on the hunt to find out where Mary Catherine Graves died
and where she is buried. She is known also as CASSIE SHIRLEY.

Is there anyone in the Benton Co, Yamhill Co. Polk Co. and Clackamas Co.
Oregon area who would be able to either check cemetary, or obituary records
for Mary Catherine Graves?  The entire Graves Family seemed to have lived in
and among these counties.  Maybe this request is to broad and thus too
difficult to research. Not sure how to ask for help regarding looking for a
burial or obit. If there is anyone out there who could look up some of this
data, it sure would be appreciated.

Thanks again to all who have made some great suggestions where info is.

Dale Shirley

dale at simplyemail.com