[or-roots] Keizer, OR Cemeteries

MStang5165 at aol.com MStang5165 at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 09:36:12 PST 2006

Nancy - I happen to be on the board of directors for Lee Mission Cemetery
here in Salem. I checked, and there is only one McCubbin buried there. It's a
Polly McCubbin who was b. 1880 and died 8 October 1902.  She does not have  a
marker! The obit in the cemetery book states that she was the daughter of  Mr.
& Mrs. J. H. McCubbin. We have no record that her parents are buried  there as
well. The obit states that "the former home of the family was at  Lostine,
Wallowa County, but they came to Salem about a year ago..."

You mentioned the "Pioneer Cemetery." I assume that you mean Salem  Pioneer
- it is not the same as Lee Mission. Both are Pioneer  Cemeteries but Lee
Mission began in 1842 with the burial of Jason Lee's second  wife, Lucy Thompson
Lee. The date on the cemetery gate reads 1838 - that's  because that is the
date of the earliest grave in the cemetery - Anna Maria  Pittman Lee, Jason Lee's
first wife. Her grave was actually moved there from the  site of the original
mission on the  Willamette.                         Mimi Stang