[or-roots] 1964 FLOOD

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sun Jan 1 09:54:51 PST 2006

Well,

if I had the radio on Johnny Cash would probably be singing "How High's the
water Mama"  because the fire department just started closing the dikes here
in Reedsport. The nephew was curioous about the 1964 flood and I ran across
the following link for New Richmond which has a lot of interesting pictures.
Now if I just new where that is I would tell you, but I think it's in
Washington.

http://www.historicnewrichmond.org/1964Flood/63flood-01_JPG.html

Wow, I just stumbled across PDXhistory.com

http://www.pdxhistory.com/

I think some of you posted parts of it in the buttermilk discussion, but I
didn't really look at it, what a site!

I got there backwards from "The Oaks" flood page.

a couple troutdale 1964 flood photos;
http://www.ci.troutdale.or.us/docs/history/1964flood.htm