[or-roots] [Fwd: Oregon Trail 1852]

Layne G SAWYER Layne.G.Sawyer at state.or.us
Wed Jan 4 13:22:13 PST 2006

Barbara,

DLC stands for Donation Land Claim.  The number refers to the
certificate issued for that donation.  The Oregon State Archives has the
original records on microfilm which you can order for 75 cents per page.
 The Genealogical Forum published a multi-volume work which extracted
most of the genealogical information.  You might be able to hunt the
books down in your local library if you don't want copies of the actual
documents. Or you could ask the reference staff just to copy that entry
from the books which we have in our library.

You can contact the archives reference staff at:

reference.archives at state.or.us

Regards,

Layne Sawyer
List Mom