[or-roots] Pacific Typhoon

Aileen Itzen hai at callatg.com
Sat Jan 7 16:45:15 PST 2006

I had a school bus full of lower grade kids and it was an experience.  We got everyone home with the exception of 2 kids that we had to leave with a neighbor because their road was closed.  Things were flying through the air all north bound with the wind.  It was spooky coming back through town (Corvallis, OR) with no lights, therefore no traffic lights.  But at every intersection drivers acted as though it was a 4-way stop and everything went well.  My bus got tangled up with a fallen telephone line to so had to be left way south of town but we all got home O.K.  One such experience is enough for anyone.  Aileen