[or-roots] Columbus Day Storm

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Jan 7 21:24:34 PST 2006

I have to tell one more even though most of you have heard it before, my big
sis was listening to a Newport radio station and she didn't pay much
attention because the announcer was new to the coast and previously from the
flatlands somewhere, (since that's tornado country now that I think about it
it seems liek he would have been used to extreme weather??) Then her living
room window imploded and she figure out that we had a storm after all.

Aileens school bus story reminds me of the fact that the bus driver on the
route to our house turned all the kids up Kennedy Lane loose and let them
walk over downed power lines to get home. Fortunately the lines were dead.
Even so when the parents heard about it, he came close to being same as the
lines.