[or-roots] Oregon Periodical Index Online?

Denise Merritt merritthome at clearwire.net
Thu Jan 26 12:25:07 PST 2006

Years back I believe there was an online Periodical index to the Oregon Newspapers.  I can not locate where that is now online.  Does anyone else know?  I'm wanting to learn if there were descendants of the following couple who I've learned died in Portland and I wanted to see if their obituaries were online since I live in Idaho.

Harry R. Kenyon, b. 17 Dec 1901 at NY, d. 20 Jan 1979 at Portland, Multnomah County, OR

+Averil M. Cast, b. 1902 at MO, d. 22 Apr 1966 at Portland, Multnomah County, OR

Averil is a third cousin I'm trying to learn more about.

Denise

The Lewis-Clark Pathfinder club web page can be found at www.lcpathfinders.org
My personal web page is at http://merritthome.clearwire.net
My genealogy data page is on rootsweb freepages - see the link on the above page