[or-roots] World Wide web

Dale Shirley dale at simplyemail.com
Tue Jan 31 11:27:01 PST 2006

Linda,   I was reading through these or-roots messages and saw that you are
from Junction City, Oregon. I have a gr. grandmother named Mary Catherine
Graves b. abt 1856, who has listed Junction City, Or as her birthplace.  I
assumed it was correct, but never found any birth records for her. Then I
found several references to her being born in Benton Co. Or. Seemed correct,
but I still wonder why she is repeatedly saying she was born in J.C.  Would
you be able to look for maybe a birth announcement for the local newspaper?
Sometimes I find that they were indeed born in a city, but that is not where
they lived, so the announcement is listed later where they actually lived.
Her parents are James & Melvina Graves.

I am living near Seattle, WA.

Thanking you in advance.

Dale Shirley