[or-roots] Non Oregon favor thank you

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Sat Jul 1 12:29:11 PDT 2006

Denise and Sandi;

Thank you both, the help is great. I have been so frustrated with that
family line, and having one of them with so many children right there in my
hands and not being able to make out a single name was enough to make me
spit nails.

These folks are acutally my surviving Aunt's in-laws, but I have always been
fascinated with the name and having delved into their ancestry find them
even more interesting. I have only been able to locate about half of them in
the Censuses if that many.

And yes Geo Sr. is Leonard's father. I have a pretty complete record on him
in the Census and his parents in 1860 to 1880 afer which they just kind of
disappear, none of the half dozen or so researchers in that line seem to
have dates of death or marriage for Daniel and Nancy, but one researcher
thinks they are in unmarked graves in Sullivan County, Indiana where the
kids were mostly born.

The most aggravating one is Leonard's Uncle John William, he is listed in
1880 with his mother and father and a couple of siblings, but his wife
Martha Dedruler is no where to be found in 1880, I have found her I think
with Henson Dedruler in a previous census, though can't be sure of that
since I can't locate her in 1880, but the other candidate for her is still
single in 1880, though I suppose she could be the one and for some reason
preferred not to admit being married when the Census folk came around.

And don't get me started on variatons on Featherkile, actually I've already
whined aobut that in here.

Thank you again Sandi  and Denise, that is a big help.