[or-roots] Naturalization - NARA

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 1 19:18:28 PST 2006

Suzanne
Do you know where he was living for the most part of his life?.
There can be more then one record, there could be a, Intent to File and then a petition for Naturalization.
The State archives in the State were he lived might have these records.
If he lived all the time in New York their State Archives may have the naturalization records, also the Genealogical society there may have them, you would need to know about what year he was naturalized.
You might also try a posting on a New York or where ever he might have lived a Rootsweb Bulletin Board and some their may be able to find something for you.
I am not sure if we have anything on NY. Naturalizations at the Clark County Genealogical Society Library but will check the next time I work as Librarian March 11th.
By the way I have a Grand Niece who is Married to a Sims but she has not done any research on the Family.
Glen Portland,
Vice Pres Clark County Genealogical Society 2005/6

--
Glen A. Jones

From: "SUZANNE THOMAS" <suz_es at msn.com>