[or-roots] LEWELLEN

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 06:50:06 PST 2006

The surname Lewellen caught my eye because I have a Llewellyn surname and I
was thinking that they had been in Coos County, but I guess I am mistaken
there. I just reviewed the history that I have of them and they go from a
stage stop at Curtain on to Washington.

BARKLOW, Jeremiah     and   Francina LEWELLEN  -- 8 Mar 1876
BARKLOW, John David   and   Sarah J. LEWELLEN  -- 6 Dec 1876

this comes from the web site recently posted;

http://www.rootsweb.com/~orcoos/cc_marrb.htm

you may wonder why I would consider these two surnames connected, trust me
you haven't searched the census for those surnames if that seems strange,
this is another one of those surnames that I used a punchlist of variations
to search for.

On that note I would suggest for folks having trouble coming up with
variations, I suggest going to

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/searc
h_census.asp

punch in just the surname you want, it will usually give you all kinds of
variations including some that never make any sense to me.