[or-roots] vintage photos

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 08:32:58 PST 2006

Mary;

Waht we have here is a failure to communictate;

I was talking about an aerial photo clip of Cliff as it is today, just a clip I captured from Google earth based on the lat and long I got from doing a search of the location on USGLO locater. NOT an actual antique photo.

Diane mentioned the dunes and wasn't sure what the area looked like, in the photo you can see the dunes and since there are a bunch of perfect circles it is obvious  the area is cultivated.

Tell you what, I will just send the photo and you will understand.

http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/or/lake/cemeteries/silverlakecem.txt

is a listing of the Silver lake cemetery, no Weddle, Simpson and Wattenbarger though.

as far as genealogy sites;

http://www.rootsweb.com/~illcgs/

is the Lake County link.

there used to be a place you could look up old postmaster listings, but I can't find it now.

Les C

Subject: [or-roots] vintage photos

Hello Leslie, the photo sounds interesting, does that area Christmas Valley have genealogy society that would be interested in it if it is old? I would like a copy off a scanner copier, nothing fancy to put with this collection of Ida Weddles. Her cousin that wrote to her had the last name of Irvine. I know the name is somewhat common as my parents talked of 'Doc Irvine' in Lebanon. I recently did some research for a lady in Idaho on that surname. Meanwhile, I am still researching the Weddle family,Simpson family, and Wattenbarger family. Thank you for the offer, Mary