[or-roots] Casey State Park

Don & Ev oden at clab.net
Thu May 4 13:24:56 PDT 2006

I am hoping someone out there can give me some additional info....I would
like to know  the full name of this J. A. Casey that the park was named
after...I got the following info, but what does the J. and A. stand for,
John, Jack, Joe or???
 Thank you~
Evelyn

Casey State Park is 80.63 acres located in Jackson County, on Oregon Highway
62, 29 miles northeast of Medford. The area was acquired between 1937 and
1975.

The first track was an 80-acre recreational and park purposes patent from
the U.S. Government and the last a lease of 0.5 acres from the Army Corps of
Engineers.
J.A. Casey, for whom the park is named, was a squatter on the area when it
was government land. He had a small restaurant and other buildings on the
property.

Information taken from:
Oregon's Highway and Park System
         1921-1989