[or-roots] Re: Pioneer Fred Ramsey

mflansburg at comcast.net mflansburg at comcast.net
Thu May 4 19:02:03 PDT 2006

Karen,
The Bailey name is my greatest brick wall!!! On the off chance that you might have info I need, here is what I have:
William Bailey and Lottie Thomas may have been married in Oklahoma some time in 1900. They moved to the Portland/Oregon City area early in 1901. While traveling from Oklahoma to Oregon, they stopped in Glen Dale Colorado on February 6th, 1901 while Lottie gave birth to my grandfather, Glenn Dale Bailey.
Some time before 1910, Lottie and William Bailey were divorced. Some time after 1910, Lottie married a man named William Butler. William Butler adopted Glenn. Some time before 1920, Lottie and William Butler passed away.
Glenn lived within the Portland area for a while and then ended up in the San Francisco area. He married Pearl Williams in 1940 and they lived in Daly City for the rest of their lives. I have plenty of info on Pearl. She was my grandmother and lived until 1993. Unfortunately, Glenn died in 1963, a year before I was born.
I can not find any record of Glenn’s birth in Colorado. I also can not find much about his life in Portland. I have one newspaper clipping of him as a member of an Independent Championship Basketball team in Portland in 1924. I found him in the 1920 census in Portland but his parents were already passed away. I can not find any death, marriage or divorce records in Portland or surrounding areas for William Bailey, William Butler or Lottie Thomas/Butler/Bailey.
If you know anything about a William Bailey, who lived in the Portland area in the early 1900's, please let me know. You may have a clue that could help me. Thanks!!!
Marcus Flansburg
Logan, Utah

From: "karen thomas" <karthomas at worldnet.att.net>

Glen,
Interested in Bailey ancestors,  my ggrandmother was a Bailey from Ohio to Arkansas.
Any connection??