[or-roots] Keizer lookup

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Wed May 24 16:17:16 PDT 2006

Thanks Layne;

I did put together a listing from what is on the index of Keizer, as it
seemed to cover my target people I didn't try the variations, I think I have
access to that Census on microfilm somewhere, can't remember if it is at FHC
or Coos Bay Library, I was looking for it and stumbled across their copy of
the Ore Death index and decided to go fishing there instead, as soon as I
get around to figuring out which of the ten pages or so of Millers in the
1903 to 1920 listing I want I will put a bug in my Sis-in-law's ear to pick
them up for me next time she is up there. I was amazed, there were about
four times as many Millers as Chapmans, of course none of my family made
that index except great granpa Foster, and maybe a cousin or two.

I was delighted to find great Uncle Edward's first wife in the index, after
all the consternation I caused myself trying to figure out how her name went
through the changes it did.