[or-roots] Madden farm in Polk County, OR in 1880

Paulette pswitzertatum at peoplepc.com
Fri Feb 2 18:12:47 PST 2007

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone could help me in my search for some information on a Dennis Madden (married Sarah Jane Sumner Madden in March, 1877 in Polk County, "at the home of Samuel Sumner," as per marriage cert. in Oregon State Archives; Sarah Jane Madden died in July of 1877) who may have owned or been related to owners of a farm in Polk County around 1877. This Madden farm was sold in 1880; it had been part of a donation land claim. The source for the above information about the sale is "History of Polk County" a compilation of pioneer and family stories, not an actual history with references, etc. I have been unable to trace any details about the sale or the Madden owners.

How would I go about tracking down more information? If anyone could help me with my "plan of attack" I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Paulette M. Switzer-Tatum