[or-roots] query etiquette

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Fri Feb 23 10:07:19 PST 2007

A lot of us are real sloppy about how we post queries and some folks
sincerely want guidance; I ran across a page where a good discussion with
examples can be found;

http://www.rootsweb.com/~neunknow/htwaqury.html

on another note Glen and I were discussing family intermarriage and he
pointed out that part of the cause was the limited population, which is a
very valid point;

listen to this Jamestown information in about the year 1609;

"by spring only 59 remained; the others, about 430 'being either starved .
. .  or cut off by the savages'"
then Gates shows up with another 150, decides they don't have enough
supplies to make it and starts to leave, only to be brought back by Lord
de-la-Ware who shows up with another 300 or so people;

"only 150 of the 500 survived that winter-"

ah here it is, as usual I exaggerated;

"In mid 1619 when the first Legislative Assembly et in Jamestown's churh,
nor more than a thousand survivors lived scattered along the river-the
remanant of a total of six thousand who had come to settle."

So it makes more sense why we see so many 1st spouse 2nd spouse 3rd spouse
and so on.

page 94;
"The Wild Shores: America's Beginnings"
Tee Loftin Snell