[or-roots] non Oregon favor to ask clarification

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Mar 12 01:12:13 PDT 2007

Thanks Sue;

I sure can't figure out how whoever transcribed that information for LDS got
it so garbled, since Christy Ann is the mother of all the rest of the people
in that household.

My apologies, Penny, I always forget that the 1880 census is not labled
anywhere, the Christy Ann information I posted was from the 1880 Census, so
Rachel is born about 1865. In the 1870 Census Rachel is listed as a Melvin,
I haven't double checked yet to see if my other sources of information on
this family had followed that pattern, but I figured it out when I noted
that Christy and Seth were married two years after Rachel was born and then
I checked the Illinois VR and discovered she was a McMaugh when she married
Seth, but I had her as a Edmiston, so I looked for her under groom McMaugh
and sure enough there she was as Edmundson.

Sue sent me Joseph's portion of the 1880 Census as original image and Joseph
is listed there as Son, interestingly enough under occupation he is listed
as does nothing and his one year old little sister is listed as scholar.

Census information can be so entertaining. I could have sworn I pasted in
the header from the 1870 Seth Melvin Census page. Makes me wonder what I did
paste it to?

Thanks again Sue and thanks for trying Penny, sorry I didn't make it clear
what the info was