[or-roots] changing name - Creek

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Wed Aug 20 17:03:02 PDT 2008

Hi -

Does anyone know how to go about changing the name of a creek in Jackson Co., Oregon? When I was on vacation in Rogue River, OR. we went to the water master, surveyor and county clerk & none of them knew where to go to change the name of a creek. daaaaa  how dum can they be. The creek is on family property & been in our family for over 100 years. We have grandfather water rights filed 1901 & updated 1909 with the document that reads we do. The creek was named after the stepfather & not the real father who got the land 1st in 1898.

The water master said no one has water rights in Jackson Co., OR. He is so wrong!

Thanks, Nancy