[or-roots] changing name - Creek

Diane whitehillranch at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 21 20:16:10 PDT 2008

Nancy, I am on the Oregon Geographic Names Board.  And it is possible to
change names.  Tiz done all the time.  I see where George's name and
e-address has been listed.

When you fill out the forms completely, be sure to add neighbors comments,
photographs, maps and anything else you believe to be pertinent.  After you
file the necessary paperwork with Carolyn Hixson.....she is our fantastic
gal in charge of all these items, then plan to attend the meeting where and
when your proposal will be submitted.

We are just normal folks, doing the pleasure of the citizens.  Name changing
and naming of features is not a fast process.  We discuss and mull the
proposals.  We  have two meetings a year.  One in a location somewhere in
Oregon and the winter meeting is in Portland.  Except this October 24 &
25th, we will meet at OSU for the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the
Oregon Geographical Names Board.  We are 25 members strong.

Diane