[or-roots] Grace G. (Garretson) Llewellyn

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Fri Apr 10 19:13:06 PDT 2009

Ingrid;
I can sure understand about looking at the neighbors. In essence I am going to pursue Williams origins some more because we still have lots of unsolved mysteries. Anytime I see a line of interest to me that goes back to Pensylvania or New York my ears perk up. Or even if I see the migration pattern Dale mentioned, except there is a fluke there, almost none of my folks went south so the North Carolina reference is unusual, but Ohio, Indiniana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Missouri all crop up in so many of my family lines and their spouses it drives me nuts. I will be blithely plugging Vital records in to a file from some index and suddenly realize I am adding them to the wrong family line and go to the right one and find I already have them. Often when that happens to me I discover the information isn't in my family file for exactly the same reason I was putting it in the wrong folder. I found this line's info while deeply buried in THAT one and for a change I just quick like dropped the info in a resource file and continued with  THAT family instead of haring off on this one and ending up three families and four states away.

Old chinese curse; "may you live in interesting times" my genealogy sure keeps it interesting.

Speaking of wagon trains don't forget I am still looking for the train my great grandfather Milan Morell Melvin and kin came out on. There is supposed to be a Mrs. Barnes who nursed him through something, small pox maybe? and that is why one of my great Uncle's was Albert Barnes Melvin.