[or-roots] Battleship Oregon in Japan June 1900

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Apr 21 08:55:56 PDT 2009

so I got curious about the battleship Oregon, so far in the 1900 census I
find one Oregonian on board!
Looks like Phil Richardson born Aug 1876 and residing in Medford, Oregon
but darn, no street address.

Driscoll, JE  apprentice first class Portland, Oregon 85 N. 9th St sep 1880
Oregon, Ireland, England

Schiedauer, JF Fireman 1st class Oregon City, Oregon, Main St.	Nov 1868  ger
ger ger

Felter (sp?) C.D. Pvt. 1st class, USMC Portland, Oregon, 253 Monroe  apr
1875  Kansas Iowa Missouri

I may have missed some, but four out of 277 isn't really good
representation. Of course it looks like about 1/4 of the crew are chinese;
well a lot of them I didn't really count them.

Interesting little diversion from my fruitless quest.