[or-roots] NEWSOM CAMPGROUND (cem.) & OLINGER DLC (cem.)

Nancy Lee Adams nancydean at columbia-center.org
Wed Aug 12 08:29:41 PDT 2009

Does anyone know where I could read about the Newson Campground article in this Capital Journal below & find out who is buried there? Also does anyone have a name, or list of names for who is buried at the Olinger DLC Cem. too? I am still searching for my gggGrandfather James McCubbins's grave died Sept. 6 1877, Marion Co., OR..

Thanks, Nancy

NEWSOM CAMPGROUND:
Established []. Located: T6S R1W 20. In the North Howell Prairie area NE of Salem, OR.
For additional information see: Capital Journal, June 27, 1935 4:4 Landmark Lore; David Newsom: The Western Observer 1805-1882 p.9

OLINGER DLC:
Established 1875.
Located: T8S R2W 3/4/9/10. W of 71st SE between Ganon and Joseph Streets in Macleay area outside of Salem. It is now a cultivated field, markers gone. *2