[or-roots] I Need a History Lesson

SUZANNE THOMAS suz_es at msn.com
Mon Feb 16 10:19:10 PST 2009

I have several ancestors who lived in Missour in 1850, can't find in 1860, then most of them show up in Yamhill County Oregon in 1870.

My question is, would they have travelled by train or by wagon train?  There were multiple families that came together.  Also, why am I having a hard time finding them in 1860?  If they were waiting for or in a wagon train, would they have been missed by the census taker?  I have one ancestor who lost a wife in Missour approx 1862 and remarried by 1863.  I can't find death certificate of 1st wife.

Surnames are Lambert and Forrest.

Suzanne
Thomas
"The word Mother is more a verb than a noun, for it is the actions that makes one a Mother."

Grandparent Advocate partnered with Yamhill County Family & Youth
GrandFamilies Association of Yamhill County, Grandparents raising Grandchildren
Oregon Family Support Network, www.OFSN.org
"I am NOT insane, I have been tested!"