[or-roots] I Need a History Lesson

glenkc7mbm at comcast.net glenkc7mbm at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 10:35:11 PST 2009

Susanne

Most likely they would have traveled by Wagon, at least part of the way.

Most States were not required to keep Birth, Death, Marriage records until the 1930's so it can be hard to find vital records, checking the local history of the area where they came from and where they settled may give some clues as to Birth, Death, and Marriages, local newspapers for the time period are a good place to check for notices.

Microfilm newspapers for much of Oregon can be found at the Oregon Historical Society, other States the State Library, A City Library or State Archives may have them.

Glen Jones Portland