[or-roots] I Need a History Lesson

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 10:59:56 PST 2009

Suzanne;

They seem to be defying my talents, so far all I have turned up is an Ely
age 26 and wife Llewinda (sp?) and two kids in Falling Spring, and a James
Foresythe age 27 in Linn Co. MO by sorting for AR born. There are 3 Lewis
Forest's listed in 1860 but only one even close in age is in PA and I forget
where he was born.

I couldn't seem to find anythiing relevant in MO vital records either, not
even the folks you have a date for show up there. Possible that the record
exists and hasn't been transcribed though.

I only find Lewis Forest in 1870? now if you look at the "reported"
information on their children it appears they were still in MO in 1860 as
dau Matilda age 9 is listed as born there while John age 5 is listed as OR.
that narrows your travel Window somewhat.

I did try most of the midwest, though I didn;t try Mich, Minn and Wisc. Do
you know who Olivey's husband was?

I have to go work on my plumbing, sorry I didn't come up with anything of
substance.