[or-roots] I Need a History Lesson

cklooster at aol.com cklooster at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 19:58:35 PST 2009

I thought the same thing...my family was living in Southern Illinois...but then I remembered that the river systems were major transportation routes in those days.? I've never researched the issue but I'm guessing that it was a fairly expensive way to travel.? It would be interesting to compare the rigors of ship board travel with those of the Oregon trail.

Carla