[or-roots] Unusual names

CARROLLOUC at aol.com CARROLLOUC at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 12:20:28 PDT 2009

Hi Barbara

I too knew a male Carol in So. Oregon. His wife was  named Jackie. There
waa also another female Carroll that I knew but it is  unusual. That spelling
is a last name and very popular in the South as I think  there was a Gen.
Carroll in the CW, a Confederate. I think my great  grandmother had something
to do with the spelling as she was b in VA in 1852 and  her father fought
for the South. Mom would never acknowledge that might be where  she got the
spelling as that was from my Dad's side of the family. She just said  she saw
it on a florist's sign in Portland, OR and thought it was pretty. I  guess
it was better than the April she was planning on naming  me.

Carroll Cooper Summers

Carroll,
I know of a Carol (male).  I will bet that he had a lot of trouble  with
his name, too.
Barbara Herring