[or-roots] Have you run into Family Trees like this too?

ilightle2 at hotmail.com ilightle2 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:43:07 PDT 2009

BlankHello One and All,

I was poking around on Ancestry the other night and pulled up a Tree teaser there but had to wait until I could get to the State Library to get details. What follows below is the 'finding'. Have any of you found Trees for yourself based on board messages?

Ingrid

To: Walla Walla Washington
Subject: Information supplied here may be used and claimed by others as their own research

I found a World Tree entry dated 6/10/2009 that cited as 2 of the 4 sources a query and a reply posted at this board. A rather sketchy Family record was submitted with this text as the heading for the entry:

Greater Pacific Northwest Area History (mostly Snohomish County)
This file has an emphasis on Snohomish County, Washington. This is my way of organizing the folks I research. If you would like a copy of a grave or obituary, just let me know. Hope it helps!!

Again my thanks to the few who furthered my search by their replies, the author of the above not being one of the respondents. This activity may be "fashionable" but not acceptable to my mind. Perhaps now I may have an understanding as to why so many boards are as dead as ashes. Hmmm.