[or-roots] Oregon 150

Broad1000 at aol.com Broad1000 at aol.com
Sat Mar 14 11:34:27 PDT 2009

Glen, perhaps we will meet at the book release of Oregon 150.  My  family is
also portrayed in the book.  Our original settlers, Philip  and Mary
Pettygrove Foster, arrived in Oregon May 1843 via ship from a  6-month layover in the
Sandwich Isles.  The originated from Maine.   They settled in Eagle Creek
where their daughter Lucy married Josiah Burnett in  1857, an Oregon Trail
emigrant of 1853.   Oregon history has long been  an important part of my life and
I'm hoping to pass it on to my grandson who  just won the grade 5-8 essay
contest at the Sons & Daughters of Oregon  Pioneers annual banquet last month.
Keeping the stories and history going  to future generations can be our legacy.

Joanne Burnett Broadhurst
Eagle Creek and Estacada OR
recession.
(http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000002)