[or-roots] Huntley - King

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Mar 16 18:00:41 PDT 2009

George; Still haven't found either my Huntly or yours in Walling either, but
here is an interesting tidbit;

Walling History of S Oregon  1884 in the Curry Co section of the appendix
page 520;

N. Huntley; is a farmer and fisherman; lives eight miles above Ellensburg;
was born in Ohio; came to the statein 1848 and to county in 1870; married
Mary J. King in 1847.

under this is;

William A. King; was born in Illinios; is 37 years of age; came to state in
1854; is a stock grower; lives on Flora's creek ten miles from Denmark; post
office, Denmark.

The reason these folks are of interest to my search is just about the time
the book was published William married a lady of given name Ellen, b. abt
June 1862 in Oregon and their son Allen marries a grand neice of my elusive
Ms. Huntley. Well, actually John's Grand neice. The connection is too
complicated to go into here, but my point is I have another King - Huntley
connection and I haven't found very many Huntleys and though I am a little
fuzzy on where Ellensburg is (more than once I believed I have ignored
Fitzhugh hits on google thinkging it was a reference to some place in
Virginia and the only place I can find with that name is in Washington??) I
do know where Flora's creek is since the Fitzhughs, Wilsons and Andersons
are all bunched up there in 1860 or so.

Maybe I'm on to something.

Earlier someone asked about King and I can't find the email now, but at the
time I was thinking all I had was Allen. I actually have him and 8 siblings.
I also have some pics of some of them somewhere, but I don't know just how
they fit in and being way out there in the "cabbage patch" relations I
haven't pursued it.  But if these are the folks of interest to whoever was
talking King earlier I'd be gland to share.