[or-roots] Huntley

Denise Sproed denisesproed at onlinenw.com
Mon Mar 16 20:39:56 PDT 2009

The following are my HUNTLEY branches that I keep track of.  Ida Centers was my blood relative.

James Franklin "Frank" Huntley, b. 17 Sep 1870 at Ten Mile, Douglas County, OR, d. 24 Nov 1929 at Empire, Coos County, OR,[i] bur. after 24 Nov 1929 at Thrush Cemetery, Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR

+Ida Lorena Centers, b. 15 Sep 1871 at Ten Mile, Douglas County, OR, m. 2 Dec 1891 at Looking Glass, Douglas County, OR,[ii] d. 23 Oct 1957 at Coos Bay, Coos County, OR,[iii] bur. after 24 Oct 1957 at Thrush Cemetery, Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR

??? William Lloyd Huntley, b. at Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR, d. 29 Oct 1918, bur. 1918 at Sunset Memorial Cemetery, Coos Bay, Coos County, OR

??? Ida May Huntley, b. 18 Dec 1892 at Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR, d. 10 Sep 1974 at Reedsport, Douglas County, OR,[iv] bur. after 10 Sep 1974 at Thrush Cemetery, Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR

??? John L. Huntley, b. 25 May 1895 at Roseburg, Douglas County, OR, d. 9 Feb 1979 at Coos Bay, Coos County, OR, bur. 12 Feb 1979 at Sunset Memorial Cemetery, Coos Bay, Coos County, OR

??? James Franklin Huntley Jr, b. 7 Jan 1910 at North Bend, Coos County, OR

??? Harry Huntley, b. 8 Nov 1913 at Camas Valley, Douglas County, OR, d. 22 Oct 1983 at Coos Bay, Coos County, OR, bur. Oct 1983 at Sunset Memorial Cemetery, Coos Bay, Coos County, OR

[i]died while logging in Empire.

[ii]Douglas Co. Marriage Records Book 5 No. 26.  Married at the home of C.W. & Esther Goodman.  W.E. Centers gave affidavit of age.

[iii]Oregon Death Index, The Personal Library of Denise Sproed Merritt, lists Ida L. d. Coos Co. 23 Oct 1957. Hereinafter cited as Oregon Death Index.

[iv]Social Security Death Index, (Windsor Park Building, 6401 Security Blvd. Baltimore MD 21235: Social Security Administration, ). Hereinafter cited as Social Security Death Index.