[or-roots] beta version Family Search

W. David Samuelsen dsam52 at sampubco.com
Wed Nov 18 10:06:53 PST 2009

No.

New FamilySearch is already out but restricted to LDS members only with
a few non-members allowed in for reasons known to the administrators.

If you live in any area outside of Utah, you should have easy access,
otherwise it's not ready for the general LDS membership, limited to
consultants and certain others.

You are referring to "Record Search" and FamilySearch Indexing ("FSI" is
open to anyone who is not even a member of LDS to volunteer to index)
about the papers being digitalized. Anyone can go to
http://pilot.familysearch.org to see the records.

That is two completely different parts of "FamilySearch"

David Samuelsen