[or-roots] newFamilySearch

Diane whitehillranch at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 18 11:04:43 PST 2009

This is true....as of the 23rd of November the rest of the members will have access to newFamilySearch.  These are the people in the Salt Lake area.  Then the Asian people will be rolled in to the program.  Right now we are in another beta test with newFamilySearch.
Yes, cleaning up the records that have been duplicated-triplicated and many different entries for the same person is one hot topic!!!   Finding the bugs in the system, and correcting them.  As you can imagine, this is one huge program with millions of names.  It takes hours and lots of time.  There are volunteers that are Church members who donate hours upon hours to this program and helping members with newFamilySearch and other programs that the Church offers to the general public.  In time, newFamilySearch will be open to the general public.  We are looking forward to this time when we can share this program with everyone.  But, it has yet to be perfected.  For now, please enjoy FamilySearch.  There are additions to that program often.  Diane