[or-roots] 1895 census

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Wed Sep 23 17:01:36 PDT 2009

I too am interested in learning about an 1895 census as I cannot find
any of my people in the 1900 census.  The name was Thomas Howell and his
wife was Lillie May and they had at least three children by that time.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Susie,

Is there somewhere that this census can be viewed?  >From your reply I'm
assuming it is a county census.  Does anyone know if other counties did
a 1895 census?

 I am hoping to find my husband's grandfather who was a forger.  He was
born in Kentucky around 1885.  He was Edward Barrett in Pendleton, OR in
1908; Charles Edward Howard in 1911 in Walla Walla, WA; Charles Howard
when he married my husband's grandmother in Eugene in 1915.

I can find him in the 1920 census while in Oregon State Penitentiary,
and as Robert Williams in California in the 1930 census.  But I can not
find any proof of him existing before 1908.  Any ideas or suggestions
would be welcomed!

Thanks,

Ronda