[or-roots] Help with 1860 census.

SUZANNE THOMAS suz_es at msn.com
Sun Jan 10 23:08:25 PST 2010

I am looking for 2 related families that I can't find in the 1860 census.

First family is my gr-gr-grandfather Lewis W. Forrest, b: 1839 in Arkansas.  Wife is Achsah (Lambert) Forrest, b: 1839 TN.  They both show up in respective 1850 census in Wright county Missouri.

Achsah was living with her mother Olivey Lambert in the 1850 census in Wright county Missouri.

Achsah died in 1862 in Missouri but I can't find any record of her.  Just know info by word of mouth.  Lewis W. died in Yamhill county Oregon 1873.  I know where his grave is.

I hope someone can help me, I have been working on this for a couple of years now.

Suzanne Thomas
"The word Mother is more a verb than a noun, for it is the actions that makes one a Mother."