[or-roots] Help with 1860 census.

Leslie Chapman reedsportchapmans at verizon.net
Mon Jan 11 05:51:36 PST 2010

Suzanne;  I come up blank on that, looking at forest, forrest, lewis lew lou
louis between 11 and 30 born in Arkansas gives no one. There is an Ely S.
Forest born in Arkansas living in MO in the 1860 census. My guess is either
he was in transit to Oregon; Matilda being listed as age 9 born in MO for
the 1870 Census doesn't preclude that, or he is living with a relative.

Do you know anything about siblings, uncles etc?

I use Heritage Quest and it is indexed only by head of house hold.

If you give me the page number for the 1850 Census I would be willing to see
if I can find him in that neighborhood in 1860, but I don't have an index of
the 1850 census.