[or-roots] Browsing Old Cemeteries

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 15 21:54:47 PST 2010

Beth Perry Johnston wrote:

> Isn't it customary to give attribution to the source?

In this day and age, there are some items on the internet that defy
attribution -- this would appear to be one of them.  I suspect it could
be said to be in the public domain, whether or not it is, technically,
is of little importance, as factually, it is.  Google has about 30,000
hits for this poem -- possibly you could find time to research this?   ;-)

Perhaps one of the more factual entries could be found at the Clark
County, Wisconsin, ALHN & AHGP Internet Library, Hosted by the WI Valley
Libraries, as it is a library --
http://wvls.lib.wi.us/ClarkCounty/cemeteries/humor.htm, submitted by
Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon <mailto:eldolken at potc.net>
<eldolken at potc.net>

I immediately recognized this as an accurate source, as it included the
last stanza:

Here lies Lester Moore

Shot to death with a 44

                   Alas! No Les, No Moore