[or-roots] Television Shows

Harguess, Dale dharguess at coastline.edu
Tue Mar 9 11:36:33 PST 2010

Thanks for this.  They are all very interesting but so far I have not been able to find any of them on my tv listings.  I have satellite so lots of channels but can’t find any of these programs.

Dale

With all the recent discussions about TV shows looking for ancestors of famous individuals. I have been watching some very informative television on family research for and about the rest of us.

There are three different shows. Each one takes a different approach to doing family researches and I have picked up clues from each show.

I have listed each one with a short blurb and the website associate with it.

Eugene

==============

Ancestors:

Ancestors returns for a second season with thirteen new episodes, a new host, and a new focus: the world of family history records. Shot on location around the world each episode weaves expert instruction with moving personal stories. Ancestors shows viewers how to find and use a wide variety of records for family history research.

http://www.ancestors.com <http://www.ancestors.com>

The Generations Project

What secrets run in your blood? This reality series uncovers the hidden identities in family pasts, proving that the best way to know who you are is to know who you came from.

http://www.byub.org/thegenerationsproject/ <http://www.byub.org/thegenerationsproject/>

Questions and Ancestors

This is a weekly series that focuses on genealogy questions submitted by the broadcast audience. Co-hosts Emily Wilbur (professional researcher) and Darius Gray (co-director of Freedman's Records Project), along with other family history experts field your e-mail questions.

http://www.byub.org/questionsandancestors/ <http://www.byub.org/questionsandancestors/>