[or-roots] Why the given name squire

Marilyn Schwartz familyismytreasure at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 20:05:15 PDT 2010

I have a "Squire Crume" in my family tree, born 1798 in Kentucky.  I believe
the family was of Scottish heritage, or Scots-Irish.  I missed the first
part of this discussion, so someone may have already mentioned that Daniel
Boone's father was named Squire Boone (and I may be wrong, but I believe
they were Scots-Irish).  I just did a quick search on "WorldConnect"
entering ONLY "Squire" as the given name (no surname entered), and I got
about 50,000 hits.  Looking quickly at them, some are surnames or titles.
But, many have the given name "Squire."

  _____