[or-roots] finding graves

broad1000 at aol.com broad1000 at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 09:52:35 PST 2011

I don't remember a lot of the details but a friend in Eagle Creek used a magnetometer to locate family gravesites from the 1880's in a local cemetery.  He is no longer living so I can't verify any of the facts but he was pleased and the sites were located and markers placed.  Preceding Clifton's use of the magnetometer the Philip Foster Farm was having a archeological study done in 1992 funded by U of O using an archeologist from Mt Hood Community College.  I am out of state so I can't access any of the details in the report but sites that had been disturbed were identified.  They located a pre-contact site as well as old buildings,and wells.  Also identified another disturbed site that we have left unresearched due to time and funds.

Joanne Broadhurst
Philip Foster Farm
Jacknife-Zion-Horseheaven Historical Society
Eagle Creek OR