[or-roots] Wallowa County Birth Records

SAWYER, Layne G layne.g.sawyer at state.or.us
Wed Jun 8 13:39:57 PDT 2011

Barbara,

The birth records in Wallowa county would have been the County Registrar's copy of the record that was then forwarded to the Vital Records office in Portland.  The records would be outside of the 100 year restriction so the County should be able to provide you with a copy from their record.  I imagine it would be cheaper, and possibly faster than going through Vital Records office in Portland.  The Portland office would provide you with the "certified" copy that can be used for legal purposes etc.

Good luck.

Layne